The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work program is based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times bestselling book—The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
This educational workshop is designed to help couples improve their friendship and conflict management skills. The Seven Principles Program is facilitated by Amanda Hess, a Certified Gottman Therapist, and includes lectures as well as private couple exercises. Couples do not have to be married to participate and will NOT share their personal problems in front of others.
2023 Online Workshop Schedule
- Sat. Oct. 10th, 2023 from 9am – 4pm HST (12pm – 7pm PST)
- Sat. Nov. 4th, 2023 from 9am – 4pm HST (12pm – 7pm PST)
- Sat. Dec. 9th, 2022 from 9am – 4pm HST (11am – 6pm PST)
2024 Online Workshop Schedule
- Wed. Jan. 3rd, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- IN-PERSON on Maui – Fri. Feb. 16th and Sat. Feb. 17th, 2024 – Details TBA
- Wed. Mar. 6th, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Apr. 3rd, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. May 1st, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Jun. 5th, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Jul. 3rd, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Aug. 7th, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Sep. 4th, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Oct. 2nd, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Nov. 6th, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
- Wed. Dec. 4th, 2024 8am – 3pm HST
Workshops may be canceled due to extenuating circumstances or low attendance. Partial refunds can be given up to the second week of training, excluding $50 to cover workshop materials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and/or to be added to our waitlist.
The cost of this workshop is $250, which must be paid in full two days prior to the start of the training and is not covered by health insurance. Registration includes one copy of the book, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, two Seven Principles workbooks, and one set of couples’ card decks.
This workshop is suited for couples who are:
-Everyone from newlyweds to seniors
-Those who wish to enhance a good relationship
-Those needing better conflict management tools
This workshop is NOT suited for couples who are experiencing:
-Severe relationship distress
-Difficulty using technology
-A polyamorous relationship that is NOT the primary dyad
-Active addictions, such as drugs & alcohol, sexual addiction, gambling, etc.
-Serious mental health problems in one/both partners
SCCS is a counseling service– we are not IT specialists. We encourage clients and potential clients to protect themselves and their computers by having adequate virus/malware software protection, researching any suspicious links or apps, and by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), to name a few suggestions.
By downloading any apps or clicking on any of our forms or links, you accept the associated risks, (and benefits!) that come with utilizing online tools and services.